Saturday, March 6, 2010

our update

Well, since I am no longer in this weight loss adventure alone, THANK GOODNESS, I figured it was time for an update. Nothing all too lengthy to say really. We went and bought Chris new jeans. Chris is a tall man, but not unusually tall. He's about 6'2, but what's rare about Chris is that he's got a super long torso, and very long legs. He's a 34" leg for jeans. This makes jean shopping a bit of a challenge. Chris has gone from needing a 40 waist to a 38! Can we get a WOOT! WOOT! Heaven knows Chris has no butt, so this means he's lost 2" from his belly. This is amazing progress. We THANKFULLY found 3 pair of new jeans for him after a week of hunting. Finding jeans in his size--that are under $40 a pair was indeed a challenge, but we did it. $20 a pair! I feel very proud of that number. His old jeans will be donated to the jean quilt collection, as they are all holey and gross anyway. He weighed in today at 234.2. As we were walking today, he had Simon in a hiking carrier. He mentioned that even wearing our almost 12 month old son, Simon, he was weighing less than he was in December. That's a little perspective for you.

I am excited to report that I'm approaching goal number 1, which is 145. I am currently at 146.8. I was stuck in the 150s for what seemed like forever, and the 140s is also slow and steady decreases. I've had to slow down the protein shakes, due to internal digestive troubles with it. I was recommended an herbal tea to help solve that problem. It worked GREAT for Chris, but sadly, not so well for me. So I expect the next 10 pounds to take a few months of hard old fashioned workouts, but that's ok by me. Being healthy is a lifestyle for us, not just about hitting a goal weight and then working my way back up to 180. NO WAY! Well, part of a successful weightloss program is sleep, and it's nearly 1am and I have church at 9, which means...

No comments:

Post a Comment