Sunday, March 14, 2010

not the best week--but better days are ahead

So, my little man turned 1 this week~ very exciting!!! We had a fun party for him, and I fell off the healthy eating wagon --more like, bungee jumped off the wagon. I've been really good about not eating CRAP, because I simply don't buy it. If it's not here, then it's not available for me to misbehave. We got chips, cupcakes and sodas for Simon's party. Pam brought yummy sugar cookies. Chris and I made our own onion dip for the chips--which ROCKED--and the whole day was one massive caffine, sugar and carb fest for me. I have consumed so much Vanilla Coke zero it's a little redic. Sure, it has 0 calories and 0 carbs, but I know what caffine does to the whole digestive process, and it's no bueno. It may take a week for my body to balance out my sugar levels. I could not leave the Limon chips alone. OH MY HEAVENS THEY ARE AMAZING! I didn't have too many cupcakes, because, thankfully, I'm not a big cupcake fan. This is not failure, just a few scrapes and bruises in my new lifestyle. The only way I fail is if I choose to not get back on my feet and run like hell to get myself back on the healthy wagon. I have lost 40 pounds in the past 12 months. I have another 10 to go. My goal date is May 7--my 26th birthday. This will require my being more diligent and intentional about my workouts--they've gotten pretty sparse. This also means staying on top of my nutrition and choking down my protein shakes at least 3 times a week. I am down to 145.2 Chris is down to 232. May 7 we hope to be down to me at 135 and Chris at 215-and down again to 200 by his 29th birthday on May 30. Goal weights are our birthday gifts to ourselves. 30 pounds for Chris in 2 months may seem challenging, and indeed, it may become so, but I think he can do it! We're a great team, and we're going to be one HOT couple baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment