Sunday, March 21, 2010

log jam

I've hit another plateau it seems. I've been between 145-146.8 for like 3 weeks. I get to like 145.2 and then pop right back up to the 146.8. These things do happen. I take it as a comfort that Chris seems stuck at 232. So, we've created a way to explode this log jam of weight loss. On nice days, we pack Simon in the hiking carrier and Ava in the stroller and go for family walks. We usually go to the park and run around the soccer fields. Ava loves to be chased, and Simon gets a kick out of crawling, or being run in the carrier. Also, three times a week, we get the kids ready for bed-dinner, bath, jammies, and put them in the car. We drive out to Chris's office, they fall asleep on the way, and park them in the garage where the workout equipment is. Chris does 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, and I do 3 minutes cardio, and then 3 sets on the weight machine and back and forth. Then, Chris does 30 minutes on the weight machine. We stretch and head home. Last week was the first time Chris has worked out with me. We was sore to boot! He injured his right leg about 12 years ago in an accident. He's missing a good chunk of his leg muscle and skin, so we are limited in what he can do at the moment. No running, jumping, or heavy leg presses. Low weights, high sets. Same results just a little slower. His legs are already the sexiest muscles I've ever seen from walking all over on his mission, so I'm not too concerned. We're mainly working on his upper body strength with the machine. I'm hoping we're still on track to hit our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment