Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the copec

My hubby. I love him. Dearly. And this post is about his fighting of the girth. Chris was extremely supportive when I began this journey. He helped me find the money in the budget to do the boot camp, and was always 100% ready to take the kids when it was time for me to be at a workout, even when that meant Saturday mornings were all on him. I never imagined the ripple effect we'd now be seeing. Chris is 6'2 and very well built. He has a long torso and long legs, a figure that many people would dream of. Even though I've never seen him do any sort of serious workout he has the SEXIEST calf muscles I've never seen--and thanks to his leg injury, you can see his right calf muscle up close and in action. Seriously, his legs, wow. Before his injury, he was on the swim team at Freemont High. He was long and lanky. Then, his junior year, he lost part of his right leg, and spent a year recovering. He put on some weight in his early 20s and then went on his mission to my lovely home state. Walking the never ending rolling hill streets of PA helped him to strengthen his injured leg, and get back to a healthy weight. His MTC pictures vs. mission pictures are so vastly different. Anyway, when we got married, he was about 250 pounds and has always been about there. He was about 260 in December, when our eating out budget became my boot camp money and the fast food industry was sabotaging my hard work. I've been cooking dinners at home, and he's been very good about only eating lunch out when he can't get away from his desk. Now and then, I even take him lunch. Chris is now down to 235 pounds. It's been not even 3 months and he's dropped 25 pounds without even trying. He's lost 5 in the past week just by having a protein shake at breakfast everyday-instead of skipping that meal all together-and one with either lunch or dinner. Due to school and work schedules being so insanely demanding. He comes home and spends a good 40 minutes throwing the kids around and chasing them everywhere, which I have decided is his workout. And that's only if I have dinner done on time. Sometimes they get a good hour or so to beat on daddy. I'm so proud of Chris. He loves to have the freedom to eat out, and grab his whatever at the corner store, but he's turned a corner lately and decided to be healthier. He's setting such a great example for me and our kids. I am excited for this summer; he'll have a break from school, and we'll both have the energy to be able to take the kids hiking and swimming.

1 comment:

  1. It's insane how much cutting back on what you can't afford will help in the weight lose area. That's how I lost all my weight...

    Oh and if you ever want a workout or shopping partner just let me know. While I'm here I would love to join you. I do need to start working out again.

    And Congrats on getting down to a size 6...it's great except for the shopping isn't it?

    ReplyDelete