Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shopping HELL!

So here I sit. Size 6. 150 lbs. I am raging with anxiety. So I've done it. I've lost 30 pounds since Simon was born, and have gone from a 14 to a 6. Tomorrow I have to attend an open house for our Salt Lake office, and have nothing to wear. Shopping after shedding 30 pounds should be fun. It's not. It's horrible. Especially, when you're alone. I've realized, that fat or thin, the store never has what you want in your size. It used to be that I'd find what I wanted and it was TINY. now, I find what I want and it's only available in 14-18. And what's with the fashion? It was 2004 the last time I was this small, and let me tell you something...the style is WAY different. There's layering, and frilly all over the chest and puffy sleeves. I don't understand any of it. I've spent years watching WHAT NOT TO WEAR, and wondering why people are always having mental breakdowns after shopping-well, I now understand. It's frustrating! I have no IDEA what I'm doing out there. I look in the mirror and see the same me I see in the pictures from last year when I was pushin 180. I haven't mentally or emotionally lost weight.
I'm terrified of being at that function tomorrow. I've worked from home for 3 years. I've spent the majority of that time having very limited contact with adults. I'm a total social NIGHTMARE! I can't sleep. It's 1am. I know Ava will be up at 7, because I put her to bed at 7pm. Chris is snoring. My heart is racing just thinking about tomorrow and I can't help but want to run away. WHO THE HECK is this person I've become?!!? I thought when I lost that weight, and found my old body, that I'd find my old self, but really...I'm just as crazy as ever...with less padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment