Thursday, June 3, 2010

3.6 miles!!!

Last night our hike was the first part of the Wheeler trail in Ogden. I did not take my camera, and let me tell you that I am quite remiss about that. The views were INCREDIBLE. We hiked 1.8 miles in and then 1.8 back out. They are doing the 2nd part of it tonight, but I'll be at Ash's party, so I'll have to do it at another time.
This hike was slightly more challenging. It was .6 miles farther than our last, and the entire hike in was incline. My thighs are still tight from my Saturday run, and bootcamp on Tuesday morning. By mile 2, my legs had loosened a bit, but this morning they are right back to being sore and not stretchy at all.
Mad props to Chris who carried Simon the whole time. It was about 70 degrees, and sunny, but the trail kept us shaded. It's time to start applying mosquito spray though. We about got eaten ALIVE. Simon stayed awake for 3 miles of the hike this time. We had to stop at the 1.8 area to wait for part of the hiking group. Simon was able to get out and walk around for 10 minutes and really loved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment