Wednesday, November 24, 2010

self medicating with Carbs

I have gained 6 pounds since my miscarriage last Friday (19th.) Six. I hadn't gained any weight in the first 3 months of my pregnancy...actually due to morning sickness, I was down a few pounds, but it seems that my mind, body or something is coping with the loss of my baby with carbs. I feel like a robot. I just shove food into my mouth, serving after serving, without even thinking. I don't get a 'full feeling' ever, so I just keep eating. Now, it's true that I was nauseated for the majority of my 12 weeks of pregnancy, so maybe it's just that I have an appetite back, so somewhere I am embracing that. But the longer this continues, and the more I'm coming to realize what I'm doing to myself...the more sick I get about it.

I need to hold myself accountable. Just because I lost my baby, doesn't mean I should let myself get lost as well. Right now, it's not about a fear of being fat. It's about a fear of being unhealthy and thus making my family unhealthy. I need a new plan. I need to start writing things down again. Establish a pattern to reboot my habits. So, welcome back to the blog that started it all 12 months ago.

Starting Weight 147. I have to get my hands on a measuring tape to post measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment